Thank you for asking! It is important to lock bikes up properly to keep bikes safe and to avoid infractions that could freeze your account.
When you are finished riding a bike, the best place to lock it is to a blue bike hub. Signing out and locking bikes to bike share hubs is free!
- You can also lock a bike out-of-hub to a secure object, like a bike rack or pole that is on public property. Never lock bikes to themselves. Doing this could result in a stolen or vandalized bike.
- Once you have found a bike station or a secure object to lock the bike to, pull the u-bar from the holster, wrap it around the station or secure object, and slide the u-bar fully into the bike.
- Gently pull on the lock to make sure it is fully engaged, or use the SoBi app to check that your ride has ended.
When you lock a bike outside of a bike share hub your account will be charged $1. You can earn that $1 back to your account by returning the bike to a bike share hub.
- Learn more about earning ride credits on your account here.
- Learn more about infractions, fees, and charges to your account here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Was this helpful?