The Everyone Rides Initiative is searching for ERI Connectors to engage their communities by encouraging their neighbours, friends, and fellow community members to ride bikes in their neighbourhoods. ERI Connectors are dedicated and passionate riders who want to make a difference in their community.
If you are interested in becoming an ERI Connector, participating in local events, and starting your own cycling initiatives in your community this may be the opportunity for you.
The Everyone Rides Initiative (ERI) Connector will be an active community member and proud cycling promoter who seeks to recruit and engage community members in Hamilton neighbourhoods for the ERI program’s Group Rides, special events, and subsidized passes.
The Connector is:
- Passionate about their Hamilton home communities, and invested in helping make Hamilton an accessible and fun city to cycle in
- Engaging and open, as well as an active and empathetic listener
- Willing to attend ERI events on evenings and weekends
- Someone who embraces diversity, and who is respectful towards all types of people who exist in Hamilton communities (newcomers, LGBTQ+, racially and ethnically diverse people, people living in poverty, women, people with disabilities, and many more)
- Interested in reaching out to their fellow community members, to spread the word about cycling accessibility, subsidized passes and programming opportunities
- Responsible and reliable in fulfilling their work assignments, showing up on time, and staying in touch with the team
- Able to ride a bike, and comfortable cycling on Hamilton streets
Commitment & Compensation
You are an ERI Rider
- Commitment over 2 months: June-August 2019, 15-20 hrs/month, 5-6 activities
- Compensation: $1500 compensation (upon completion), free bike share access, free meals at training & events, training and skill-building
You are not an ERI Rider
- Commitment over 2 months: June-August 2019, 10-15 hrs/month, 3-4 activities
- Compensation: free bike share membership for a year, free meals at training & events, training and skill-building
The ERI program is grateful for every Connector offering their skills and labour to help us deliver our programming. However, we will only be able to accept 2 Connectors this season, and will be continuing the program in the coming years.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in becoming an ERI Connector, please read below to see how you can apply.
- Become an ERI Connector Fill out the online form, and we will contact you afterwards to confirm receipt of your application.
- BY PHONE: Call Theron at 289-768-2453 (BIKE), extension 2.
- IN PERSON: Please come into our office at 126 Catharine Street N, basement level. ERI Drop-in hours are Mondays and Wednesdays between 1-5 PM; but please feel free to reach out to us if those do not work for you.
If you have any additional questions about whether this opportunity is for you or how to apply, please contact Theron at 289-768-2453 ex2 or email@example.com.