Adaptive Bike Coordinator - Everyone Rides Initiative
Full-time, 2 year contract
Salary $40,950 plus benefits: 3 weeks paid vacation, health and dental plan, free and unlimited access to bike share
About the Program
The Everyone Rides Initiative (ERI) is Hamilton Bike Share’s equity program. The ERI is designed to remove the barriers that prevent people from riding bikes by proving subsidized access to bike share, educational programming, translation, adaptive bike options and outreach services to marginalized communities who have the most to benefit from this access. Those benefits include:
- Increased physical activity and improved physical and mental health
- Financial empowerment due to affordable transportation and easier access to social services, housing and employment
- Increased social inclusion
- And much more!
About the Role
The Adaptive Bike Coordinator will be a participant-facing program developer, facilitator and promoter who will work with the Program Manager and Equity Coordinator to create and establish a meaningful adaptive bike program within the Everyone Rides Initiative.
The Adaptive Bike Coordinator will be:
- Can do research of best practices and bring new ideas to the table accompanied by an organized, practical plan for execution.
- Will feel confident working independently to build relationships and to develop and deliver programming.
- Is a good listener and clear communicator and can meet people where they’re at.
- Is able to identify strengths and provide a supportive, encouraging environment.
- Is outgoing, patient and warm with participants and partners.
- Will be detail-oriented and manage all aspects of program development from start to finish, including: developing procedures, coordinating bike maintenance and storage, building partnerships, maintaining a communications plan, creating feedback processes and writing reports.
- Will effectively and efficiently coordinate and deliver adaptive bike workshops, group rides, rider/customer support and other programming.
- Is able to be nimble and adapt programming and address challenges as needed.
The Adaptive Bike Coordinator will have:
- At least 2 years experience in program coordination (or related experience).
- Experience doing frontline work with adults who are marginalized, and are of different ages and abilities.
- Experience creating programming and teaching/facilitating workshops.
- Ability to work productively in a team and independently.
- Ability to develop new partnerships and nourish existing relationships.
- Confidence and comfort riding bikes as transportation in Hamilton.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Refined organizational skills and punctuality.
- Computer literacy.
- Flexibility: ability to work outside regular office hours (some evenings as weekends) as needed for programming.
- A valid driver’s license and meet the minimum requirements to use CommunAuto carshare (ie clean driving record).
Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience working with adaptive bikes and related program delivery.
- Second language skills relevant to the needs of our program (especially Arabic).
How to apply: Please send a cover letter expressing your interest and qualification along with a resume in one PDF document to the attention of Thea Jones at [email protected] with “Adaptive Bike Coordinator” as the subject title. Please state the earliest date you could start in your cover letter.
Closing date: Sunday, March 1st at midnight
You can also view this job post on workinnonprofits.ca